Anyway, first here are some Start of Day photos, showing some of the additions I haven't been able to take proper photos of while the build was inside.
First job was attached the previously-made side-flaps. This was done by adding a scrap of wood and some velcro. I'll add more detail later.
Next was the bigger job - sorting out the side panels for the body. After much hunting through bits of cardboard and wood, I found an old fence-thing, that my dad made years ago to stop my children falling down the step by our patio doors. I only had enough to cover either the front and back, going for the back since it's larger. No idea what I'm going to do about the front.
The ridges will be filled in before painting and I might add a panel on top to add some detail.
After the walls, the roof needed adjusting. Fairly simple, in theory, however since the left and right sides weren't symmetrical, there was a bit of fudging involved. I doubt anyone will notice, however. A couple of extra hinges will be added as soon as I have them, just to make sure everything is secure.
Finally I added a couple of flaps to the main side panels. This literally was a 2 minute job.
So that's another job ticked off and leaves only a couple of main areas to do:
- The front side panels & roof.
- The undercarriage.
- A little work to complete the feet.
2 & 3 are fairly straightforward, or at least I have a plan in my head for. The first one, well, that depends on finding the right materials. After doing the back, I know how to do the front, I'm just not certain what to use. I may have no choice but to give in and buy something.
After those 3 it's a matter of deciding how much detail to add to the build. I could go crazy and add tonnes, but I have to allow a decent amount of time to start painting in case the weather turns terrible. But then if the weather stays fine it'll be much harder to add detail in after it's been painted.